Barn Swallow Research in China
Read about Rebecca Safran's research and travels in China
Rebecca Safran, along with Liz Scordato (a post-doc in the Safran Lab), travelled to China in May 2017 to meet up with Dr. Liu Yu. They are traveling with Dr. Emilio Pagani-Núñez, a research scientist at Sun Yat-sen University. Both Liu Yu and Emilio work on barn swallow populations in other parts of China and are part of our larger collaborative team.
Click on the links below to read about their research and travels in China!
- Lanzhou, China: North of the Tibetan Plateau
- Outside Lanzhou - Our First Birds!
- Sitancun Village - Outside Lanzhou
- Lucky Day!
- Last Day of Work in Sitancun
- A Twist Before We Head West
- Zhangye, China - Center of the Hexi Corridor
- Sleeping Buddha and Cheng Bang Coffee
- Two More Tags With More in Sight!
- Inside and Outside of Zhangye: Kids, Candy, Chaos!
- A Day Off, A Night On!
- Last Day in Zhangye
- Good Luck in Jiuquan!